The Silicon Software Lightbridge is a compact external frame grabber which can be set up independently of the processing unit. All you have to do is integrate Lightbridge into your application - the CameraLink interface gives you 10 metres of cable length. Using fibre optics even allows a distance of up to 60 metres between the Lightbridge and the computer, which makes it particularly interesting for long production lines.
Silicon Software Lightbridge
External CameraLink frame grabber box
LightBridge is an external intelligent CameraLink image acquisition and programmable image processing frame grabber with ultra fast data transfer thanks to a Thunderbolt™ 2 interface.
Reasons to use the Silicon Software Lightbridge
The Silicon Software Lightbridge features the industry-proven high-speed CameraLink interface which does not require a special high-tech computer. Due to the GPIO interfaces you can easily connect your PLC or external triggers. Screw locking Thunderbolt ports provide for reliable connection of cables and frame grabber.
The external Silicon Software Lightbridge acquisition card can be pre-configured outside of the plant, minimising downtime in cases where replacements or repairs are needed.
Large distances of up to 60 m between frame grabber and computer can be bridged whilst making it particularly suitable for environments sensitive to EMC radiation.
- Data transfer: Thunderbolt™ 2 technology with 1.880 MB/s data bandwidth
- Memory: image acquisition memory from 512 to 2048 MByte DDR3-RAM
- Interface: generic PCI Express technology via Thunderbolt™ 2 interface
- Housing: compact, fan-less housing for confined spaces
- I/O: signal communication and programming of on-board trigger and block terminal GPIO
- Power: power supply of CameraLink cameras by power-over technology (PoCL)
- Operating system: Windows XP up to Windows 10 with 32 and 64 bit, Linux on request
- Software: device driver support for Windows for 32 bit and 64 bit, supports Common Vision Blox (incl. GenAPI/GenICam)
- Dimensions: 120 x 130 x 55 mm