Machine vision illumination products
Selecting the most suitable illumination is one of the most crucial factors in designing a vision system and can facilitate subsequent image analysis considerably. There are a number of considerations when determining which type of illumination is best for a particular job. Ask our experts at STEMMER IMAGING for advice about your individual illumination solution.
How to choose the right illumination for your application
There are a number of considerations when determining which type of illumination is best for a particular job:
- Is it a monochrome or colour application?
- How fast is the object moving in front of the camera?
- What physical size (area) needs to be illuminated?
- What is the nature of the object - geometry, structure, reflectivity, colour?
- Which features are of particular interest?
- What does the service life of the light need to be?
- What are the mechanical constraints/environmental considerations?
How these questions are answered will determine which light is best suited to an application. The trend in imaging and machine vision is clearly towards LED and laser illumination.