Training: Planning and implementing of machine vision solutions (2 days)
This training course is based on the directive VDI/VDE 2632 Sheet 2. It forms the basis for learning how to create optimised performance and requirement specifications for machine vision systems. This improves the communication between planners and users so that your projects not only progress smoothly but are also completed faster and with greater success. You will also learn how the directive helps you design your solution. At the end of the course you will be able to understand the interaction of all components in a machine vision system and you will know which influencing factors you have to consider while designing and assessing your own solution.
People new to the machine vision domain who need to specify vision systems as well as people planning to design or use machine vision systems. No prior machine vision knowledge is required.
Basic information about planning and the application-specific selection of MV systems
- Planning an application using the standard VDI/VDE/ VDMA 28322
- When are Intelligent cameras suitable for an application and when should PC-based systems be used?
- Overview of the types of systems available on the market
- Image acquisition with monochrome and color cameras, area scan and line scan camera technologies, 3D technologies for image acquisition, shape-from-shading
Software analysis using different systems
- Basic overview of important imaging algorithms and their use
- When to use intelligent cameras and when are PC based systems a better solution?
- Use of 2D and 3D tools for image processing
Fundamentals of machine vision components and their application-specific selection
- Lighting technology for contrast generation for the detection of defects or inspection features
- Optical filters for image optimisation and to avoid disturbing influences
- Optics basics: Overview of lenses and their correct use
- Fundamentals of camera technology
- Selection of the right data interfaces
- Calculation examples for the selection of lenses, needed camera resolution, data rates, required exposure times to avoid motion blur
Systematic implementation and correct set-up of an imaging system
- Correct system set-up and calibration
- Discussion about measuring accuracy and detectable feature sizes
- Elimination of disturbing influences on the BV system
- Use of suitable accessories
The participation fee for this training session is 895.- Euro - including the VDI/VDE guideline 2632, sheet 2 for the application of a specification sheet for machine vision systems.