Allied Vision Prosilica GS - Cameras with angled head and Progressive Scan CCD
The Allied Vision Prosilica GS is the periscope-version (angle head) of the successful Allied Vision Prosilica GC camera series with GigE Vision interface. The models in the GS-series are especially suited to applications requiring a 90° viewing direction. Using the angled camera head the camera measures only 25mm more. The sensor rotation can be individually defined by the customer to fit the application.
Four sensor versions in monochrome and colour as well as a variety of functions are available. For OEM-applications a boardlevel version (GB-series) of this camera is available as well. A selection of progressive scan CCD sensors with resolutions from VGA to 5 megapixels is available to meet different requirements and to guarantee excellent image quality and colour fidelity. The sensor signals are digitised using a 14-bit A/D converter and can be output in numerous output formats, such as Mono 8/16, Bayer 8/16, RGB24, BGR24 or YUV4xx. Using partial scan or binning the frame rates can be increased.
Due to to their I/Os, RS232 interface (in/out), auto-iris and different trigger modes the Allied Vision GS models can be used very flexibly in production control, process monitoring, medical imaging or for sports monitoring. A 16 Mbyte memory is used for deferred data transmission and for use of the recorder mode (camera is running free and sends n images before and after a trigger signal); it also prevents data loss in case of excessive triggering.
The data is output via standard CAT5e and CAT6 cables with lengths of up to 100 m using Gigabit Ethernet technology. Theoretically unlimited distances are possible when using switches. Configuration and integration of the cameras is easy using either the manufacturer's SDK or CVB CameraSuite, both included in the delivery. SDKs are also available for Linux and QNX.
- Production control (e.g. inspection, high-precision measurement and process monitoring)
- Pharmaceutical industry (e.g. checking blister packages and filling levels)
- Food industry (e.g. sorting)
- Different CCD sizes from 1/4" to 2/3" with Progressive Scan
- Resolutions from VGA to 5 megapixels
- Different trigger versions
- Partial scan and binning for increased frame rates
- Opto-isolated inputs and outputs
- GigE Vision interface
- 16 MB memory for deferred image transfer and recorder mode
- Flat compact housing (96.3 x 55.9 x 25.4) mm³
- C-mount adapter
- CVB CameraSuite and manufacturer's SDK for Windows, Linux and QNX
- Compatible with Common Vision Blox
- Boardlevel versions (GB-series) available