Sherlock is advanced machine vision software that can be applied to a wide variety of automated inspection tasks. This all-in-one application will help you reduce production costs, increase productivity and ensure customer satisfaction all at the same time.
Sherlock‘s graphical design environment provides a full suite of proven tools and capabilities that can be readily applied to safeguard your production process. Extensive camera and 3rd party support offers the flexibility to meet your current and future inspection needs, no matter what the task or industry. Sherlock software is supported on 32 and 64-bit Windows machines as well as some smart cameras.
Sherlock includes Astrocyte, a code-free AI training tool to quickly deploy AI models for machine vision solutions.
This STEMMER IMAGING demo video shows how machine vision is used to identify
cracks in butter biscuits.
Manual relay and fuse box inspection lacks a record of inspection. See how machine vision solves this issue and delivers an automatic failure reporting before cars leave the factory.
Reasons to choose Teledyne DALSA's Sherlock
Sherlock’s integrated design environment is relevant for users of all experience levels and applications of all levels of difficulty. You don’t need to have traditional programming experience to master Sherlock’s point and click graphical programming interface.
Quickly prototype and test your applications, and once deployed online, you can easily make modifications to accommodate part or tolerance changes. You can standardise on one package for all of your vision needs, thus greatly reducing your training investment.
Sherlock provides extensive tools and capabilities that have been developed over many years of providing vision solutions for factory automation. You have access to tools that have been tried and field tested in the same or similar applications. If you wish you can develop custom algorithms to include in the Sherlock design environment.
You can develop your own operator interface using Sherlock’s GUI builder or OCX tools that align with your factory standard, and you can protect your application against unauthorised changes or theft.
Sherlock offers the hardware design flexibility to support your application need and technology preference. You don't need to compromise inspection requirements due to technology shortcomings as you can select the camera technology and the deployment platform that meets your application and cost objectives.
As your application needs evolve, you can rest assured knowing that Sherlock can interface with a wide variety of area or line scan cameras for mono, colour, IR or even X-ray imaging.
Train your AI models quickly with Astrocyte
To perform a variety of tasks such as anomaly detection, classification, object recognition, segmentation, and noise reduction, Astrocyte from Teledyne DALSA enables users to use their own images of products, samples, and defects to train neural networks. With its highly flexible graphical user interface, Astrocyte allows for visualizing and interpreting models for performance/accuracy as well as exporting these models to files that are ready for runtime in Teledyne DALSA Sapera and Sherlock vision software platforms.
- Graphical point and click program construction enables rapid prototyping
- Moveable and resizeable windows offer optimal developer layout
- Monitor and reporting windows provide immediate status feedback
- Instruction tool bars allow quick access to program functions
- Built-in editing and debug tools
- GUI builder enables development of custom operator interfaces without programming
- OCX enables development of custom operator interfaces using MS Visual Studio
- Flexible Area and Line ROI
- Positioning Tools
- Measurement Tools
- Colour Tools
- Analysis Tools
- Reader Tools
- Script Tools
- Custom Algorithms
- Discrete I/O via frame grabber, PL-USB or 3rd party adapter
- EthernetIP, Modbus, Profinet, RS-232, TCP/IP and more
- Image and data logging
- Direct statistical trend graphing
- GigE, USB, IEEE-1394 or CameraLink compatible cameras
- Area or line scan, profiles from 3D cameras
- Mono, colour, IR or X-ray imaging
- Teledyne DALSA GEVA vision controllers
- Teledyne DALSA BOA smart cameras (Sherlock embedded)
- Programmable smart cameras such as Adlink Neon
- Industrial PCs running Windows 7 or Windows 10 with 32/64-bit