Common Vision Blox 2016 Service Pack 1 – Now with processing under Linux on ARM and x86 platforms
9 May 2016
One main feature of the new CVB version Service Pack 1 is the improved support of ARM embedded platforms within CVB. ARM processors are used in embedded platforms that, in recent years, have increased in power and are now commonly used in low-power and small-footprint applications such as transport, logistics and other non-industrial machine vision applications. To help users create their first embedded applications in CVB, a detailed documentation is supplied along with the ARM setups for Service Pack 1.
Linux operating systems are a growing basis in machine vision applications. To meet this trend, Common Vision Blox has supported Linux, starting from CVB 2011. Currently the CVB’s Minos and GEVServer tools are available under Linux on all platforms, with more to follow.
The new version also includes an improved Teach Bench application under Windows. This state-of-the-art application provides interactive training of CVB’s Minos and Polimago search tools. It also allows an import of existing CVB Manto files so that these can easily be upgraded to take advantage of CVB Polimago’s improved performance and capabilities.
In addition, CVB’s GigE Vision filter driver has been updated to NDIS6 to provide full support of Windows 10 which makes CVB the first machine vision software library with Windows 10 support. CVB’s acquisition abilities are further bolstered by updated drivers for Silicon Software Me5 series of frame grabbers and new drivers to support Teledyne DALSA’s Xtium CLHS PX4 and PX8 frame grabbers.
STEMMER IMAGING offers a free trial version of the powerful and hardware-independent software platform for the development of machine vision applications CVB 2016. Find out more about CVB’s latest innovations under www.commonvisionblox.com.
- Position, rotation, scaling and tipping invariant pattern recognition
- Fast execution speed for use in real time applications
- Fully automatic generation of additional training images
- High-speed object recognition software
- Character recognition (OCR/OCV) under difficult conditions
- Contains Minos Teach for learning new objects
- Contains Minos Search, a tunable search engine
- Flexible image server on GigE Vision technology
- Compliant to GigEVision and GeniCam standard
- Data transfer to multiple PCs via multicast
- Allows to define and transfer own camera features