STEMMER IMAGING demonstrate vision for Industry 4.0 and machine learning capabilities
27 Aug 2018
STEMMER IMAGING will be showing an OPC UA tool on an embedded vision system. This features an ARM-based NVidia Jetson TK1 board running STEMMER IMAGING’s Common Vision Blox (CVB) machine vision software, connected to a JAI GO camera. Building upon the VDMA’s OPC UA specification for vision systems, this new tool will allow vision systems to adopt a common architecture within an OPC UA open standard network, while being open enough to let individual features be applied. The demonstration interlinks a PLC, the vision system and a turntable, to allow the selection and movement of a particular component.
The 3D braille reading system uses STEMMER IMAGING’s machine learning-based pattern matching tool, CVB Polimago, to translate a height map of braille bumps into readable characters. A 3D camera from Automation Technology generates the height map from the braille bumps on the boxes as they pass through the system. CVB 3D Tools are used to create and display a 3D model from the height map image. At the same time, Gocator 2340C intelligent line profilers from LMI measure the total volume of the bumps on each box.
A conveyor-belt demonstration featuring a Boa 2 smart camera and Boa Spot IDE vision sensor from Teledyne DALSA will show barcode, 2D Datamatrix code and OCR capabilities on a variety of boxes. This highlights DALSA’s brand new high speed, high performance code reading algorithm and the cameras will also be individually filtered to read only from boxes of a specific colour.
High resolution smart camera for fast applications
- Smart vision sensor with integrated sensor, processing and communications
- Simple software interface supports both user and application requirements
- Built to withstand harsh industrial environments
- Position, rotation, scaling and tipping invariant pattern recognition
- Fast execution speed for use in real time applications
- Fully automatic generation of additional training images
High frame rate global shutter cameras with excellent image quality for reliable inspection results. With CMOS sensors for monochrom and colour imaging and a polarisation option, there are plenty of options to suit various applications. The compact housing makes the JAI Go an ideal fit for tight spaces.
- Software for demanding 3D surface inspection
- Best choice for complex objects
- Easy integration into existing machine vision environments
A robust smart sensor for high speed, high volume, inline 3D inspection of moving parts