Allied Vision Prosilica GX - Powerful and compact CCD cameras with GigE Vision interface
The Allied Vision Prosilica GX family is a powerful and compact camera series with GigE Vision interface. This innovative GigE Vision camera breaks the previous data speed limits with a maximum data rate of up to 240 MB/s – twice the previously limited 120 MB/s for GigE Vision. This speed record is made possible by the skilful use of the so-called Link Aggregation Group (LAG): The camera is fitted with two Gigabit Ethernet connections to double the available bandwidth for image data transmission. It is thus possible to transmit high-definition images from the camera to the PC at previously unreached image rates.
The models in this series are available with 3 monochrome and coloured sensor versions and a multitude of functions. Additional models with 4 and 29 megapixel resolution are planned. The latest generation of CCD-sensors from Kodak with a pixel size of 5,5 µm and 4x output is fully supported by the camera electronics and the dual GigE interface. With resolutions of 1 and 8 megapixels they meet different requirements and guarantee excellent image quality and colour fidelity. The sensor signals are digitised using a 14-bit A/D converter and can be output in numerous output formats, such as Mono8/16, Bayer8/16, RGB24, BGR24 or YUV4xx. Using partial scan or binning the frame rates can be increased.
Due to to their I/Os, RS232 interface (in/out), auto-iris and different trigger modes the Allied Vision Prosilica GX models can be used very flexibly in production control, process monitoring, medical imaging or in sports monitoring. A 16 MByte memory is used for deferred data transmission and for use of the recorder mode (camera is running free and sends n images before and after a trigger signal); it also prevents data loss in case of excessive triggering.
The data is output via standard CAT5e and CAT6 cables with a length of up to 100 m using Gigabit Ethernet technology. Theoretically unlimited distances are possible when using switches. Configuration and integration of the cameras is easy using either the manufacturer's SDK or CVB CameraSuite, both included in the delivery. SDKs are also available for Linux and QNX.
- Production control (e.g. inspection, high-precision measurement and process monitoring)
- Pharmaceutical industry (e.g. checking blister packages and filling levels)
- Food industry (e.g. sorting)
- Inspection of electronic parts
- Intelligent traffic systems
- Data rates of up to 240 MB/s thanks to Link Aggregation Group technology and two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Different sensor types from 1/2", progressive scan CCD
- Resolutions from 1 to 8 megapixels
- Different trigger versions
- Partial scan and binning for increased frame rates
- Control of 3 motorized lenses
- Opto-isolated inputs and outputs
- Dual GigE Vision interface
- 128 MB memory for deferred image transfer and recorder mode
- C-mount connection
- CVB CameraSuite and manufacturer's SDK for Windows, Linux and QNX
- Compatible with Common Vision Blox
|Model||Resolution (Megapixel)||Frame rate (Hz)||Lens mount||Horizontal res.||Vertical res.||Sensor format|
|AV GX6600 CLASS 1||29||4||F-mount||6576||4384||Large format|
|AV GX6600 CLASS 2||29||4||F-mount||6576||4384||Large format|
|AV GX6600C CLASS 1||29||4||F-mount||6576||4384||Large format|
|AV GX6600C CLASS 2||29||4||F-mount||6576||4384|