For many embedded applications customers may wish to develop their own hardware. However for those that want to get started quickly or have lower production quantities STEMMER IMAGING can provide developer kits using off the shelf boards with all the required software installed ready for camera and processor evaluation.
The options available vary so please contact our team to discuss your requirements, however these three are currently the most popular platforms covering a wide range of performance needs.
UP Squared - Up range of embedded boards
NXP Nitrogen 6 MAX VIMBA - embedded CPU with direct support for the Allied Vision Alvium camera series
JETSON TX CVB - Powerful Embedded system with CVB Embedded installed
CVS Jetson TX2 Box - Fanless Embedded System with NVIDIA Jetson TX2
The Up range of embedded boards feature a compact implementation using Intel processors able to run both Windows IoT and Linux. UP boards deliver both a low cost and compact design with longevity of supply.
- Intel Dual Core and Quad Core processors
- 8 GByte RAM and up to 128 GByte storage
- USB 3.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Dimensions: 85.6 x 90 mm
- Delivered with CVB CameraSuite installed
- Optional CVB GigE Vision Server
- Optional housing and expansion modules
NVIDIA Jetson brings GPU processing to edge computing. Powerful ARM processor with CUDA compatible GPU for demanding processing and display applications on the edge. Available in two performance levels (TX1 and TX2) with a choice of standard or custom carrier boards for required I/0 delivered with CVB Embedded installed.
- Quad ARM® A57/2 MB L2
- 256 CUDA Cores
- 4/8 GB Memory and up to 8 Gbyte eMMC storage plus SATA
- CSI/MIPI Up to 6 cameras
- USB 3.0 + USB 2.0 ports
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 50 mm x 87 mm
- CVB CameraSuite installed
- Optional CVB GigE Vision Server and CVB processing tools
NXP Nitrogen is a mid range embedded CPU with direct support via an adaptor for the Allied Vision Alvium series with a a full range of digital camera designs. The development board is delivered with Allied Vision's Vimba SDK installed ready for direct evaluation of the Alvium cameras. Additional software options including CVB CameraSuite and CVB GigE Vision Server are available on request.
- Quad Core ARM Cortex - A9 processor
- 4 GBytes RAM and 4 to 16 GBytes eMMC storage
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports and 1 OTG
- CSI/ MIPI with direct to AV Alvium camera support
- Dimensions: 133 mm x 89 mm
- Choice of Linux distributions
- Software: Allied Vision Vimba SDK installed
- CVB installed on request
These embedded processor boards are frequently used with Hyperspectral Systems.