The Piranha4 offers high dynamic range (HDR) imaging capability which outputs one image with a longer exposure time and a second image with a shorter exposure time per sensor line. Either the acquisition hardware or the vision software will do the image fusion to capture contrast-rich scenery with more detail - even with sub-optimum illumination. The design of image processing applications and hardware setups can be considerably simplified by using this outstanding feature.
Teledyne DALSA Piranha4 - Dual-Line-CMOS line camera
High speed CMOS dual line scan camera for monochrome applications
The Teledyne DALSA Piranha4 offers excellent image quality with Teledyne DALSA's high-performance monochrome CMOS dual line scan sensor. It features line rates up to 100 kHz in dual line and 200 kHz in simultaneous readout mode.
The dual line architecture delivers a x2 increase in responsiveness. Designed for flexibility, the technology provides four highly interesting operating modes: simple single line mode, double dual line mode, area scan mode with single sensitivity, but double line frequency and binning mode.
The series offers 5 different models with 2k, 4k and 8k resolution and selectable with different line speed.
Reasons to select the Teledyne DALSA Piranha4
The multi AOI feature allows the creation of up to 4 AOIs. This can be useful when inspecting several separated lanes of objects with a single camera, just by ignoring the image area between these lanes. Acquiring only the relevant image content means a reduction of data to process. This relieves the actual image processing stage and gives room for either faster computation or allows for less powerful hardware systems. Transferring also offers the possibility to use more economic cabling configurations.
Flat field correction (FFC) can be used to correct high intensity variations caused by either illumination or lensing. The Piranha4 provides up to 4 regions within the pixel line to be specified for flat field correction. A well calibrated image improves and simplifies the image processing and therefore saves development time.
Thanks to the high operating temperature range from 0 °C to 65 °C, a vision system can be designed for higher ambient temperatures with less effort and expenses for active cooling, while remaining less prone to failures.
- Sensor: fast and sensitive monochrome dual line CMOS sensor
- Sensor features: exceptional S/N ratio
- Resolution: 2k up to 8k pixel
- Line rate: 100 kHz (2k model) in high sensitivity mode, 200 kHz line rate (2k model) in high speed mode
- Pixel size: 7,04 µm and 10,56 µm for supreme image quality
- Features: AOI, exposure control, flat-field correction with up to 4 ROI, separate control of exposure time for HDR applications in both lines
- Interface: CameraLink Base/Medium/Full/Deca, GenICam configuration
- Operating temperature: 0-65°C
Markets and Applications
- 100% quality print inspection tasks
- High resolution surface and web inspection applications
- Maximum precision Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) solutions in semiconductor quality insurance
- High-speed document scanning
|Model||Interface||Lens mount||Pixel size (µm)||Horizontal res.||Max. line freq. (kHz)||Sensor length (mm)|
|DALSA P4-CM-02K05D||CameraLink||M42, F-mount||10.56||2048||100||21.6|
|DALSA P4-CM-02K10D||CameraLink||M42, F-mount||10.56||2048||200||21.6|
|DALSA P4-CM-04k05D||CameraLink||M58, F-mount||10.56||4096||100||43.3|
|DALSA P4-CM-04k10D||CameraLink||M58, F-mount||10.56||4096||200||43.3|
|DALSA P4-CM-08K70||CameraLink||F-mount, M72||7.04||8192||70||57.7|
F-mount adapter with reinforced Nikon-Bayonet
* For adaptation (with 4 mounting screws) on the camera front plate
- To be used for ...
|Teledyne DALSA Piranha 4 CL Mono 08K Manual | 04||
|Teledyne DALSA Piranha 4 CL Mono 2k/4k Datasheet | 2017/9||
|Teledyne DALSA Piranha 4 CL Mono 2k/4k Manual | 06||
|Teledyne DALSA Piranha 4 CL Polarization 2k Manual | 02||
|Teledyne DALSA Piranha4 8k||
|The Evolution of CMOS Imaging Technology||