There is a choice of different optical elements, to meet the systems requirement on point. Three different Powell-Lenses are available, producing a a straight line with homogenous intensity. This enables many different applications with the same laser type. The ELP lens offers an extended depth of focus where the height of objects vary a lot. The standard Powell lens SLP is suitable for most applications. For very fine lines, the FLP lens offers the highest accuracy to the cost of focus depth.
High accuracy laser modules
The Z-Laser ZX series structured light modules set new standards for machine vision applications when it comes to accuracy.
Due to the automated production processes in which all optical components are aligned by a high-accuracy robot, all modules deliver the same high quality. The selected electronics components and software functions allow for sophisticated system configuration.
Reasons to choose the Z-Laser ZX
The automatic lens alignment by a high precision robot guarantees precise positioning, resulting in a stable quality. This ensures reliable behaviour when integrating or replacing a laser module in a system. As the line orientation is clear from the housing, no extensive alignments on the customer site are necessary. This saves time and money. Measurement protocols for all lasers are available for documentation purposes.
The high-end electronics offer multiple advantages. The Z-Laser software allows the configuration of the system, logs laser status information and offers a check system. This provides a predictive maintenance or end-of-life indication feature - to exchange the device before it fails. This saves from production errors and interruptions. The serial interface allows fine-tuning of output power control, which is critical when multiple systems have to be configured to run at an identical intensity. High quality circuitry for analogue and TTL signal input allows finegrained trigger and intensity tuning.
- Wavelength: 405, 450, 520, 635, 640, 660, 685, 785, 830 nm
- Laser precision: boresight error < 0.2 mrad, line orientation < 10 mrad, pointing stability < 10 µrad/K
- Lens: various projection patterns
- Working distance: 100 mm (green: 200 mm)
- Features: simple hand focusing mechanism, fault control with LED codes, internal storage of temperature, uptime and other parameters (model dependent), APC function for constant light output
- I/O: analogue and TTL modulation, up to 250 kHz (model dependent)
- Output power: Up to 200 mW (model dependent)
- Power: stability +/- 3% over operating temperature range (24 h), < 5% over lifetime
- Interface: I2C, UART (5V)
- Power supply: 5-30 VDC
- Protection class: IP67
- Mechanical: M12 or M18 thread mount (model dependent)
Markets and Applications
- 3D laser triangulation
- Electronics manufacturing
- Metrology systems
- Medical applications