DALSA Boa Pro combines the robustness of the highly integrated Teledyne DALSA Boa smart
camera with the power and flexibility of the advanced Teledyne DALSA Sherlock
inspection software. The result is a compact industrial vision solution with
diverse applicability across all manufacturing segments.
Easy to set up, ready to run
The Teledyne DALSA Boa smart camera is offered with a range of sensor resolutions,
performance grades and software to accommodate the needs of both application
and user. The embedded software is setup via a local PC connection to Teledyne DALSA Boa using Ethernet. Once configured for runtime, the Ethernet link can be
disconnected or used to communicate with other devices on the factory floor,
such as PLCs, Robots and HMIs. In addition to Ethernet, Teledyne DALSA Boa cameras provide direct connections for RS-232 serial, discrete I/O and lamp control.
Teledyne DALSA Boa cameras are supported by various hardware and software accessories to simplify factory integration.
Teledyne DALSA Sherlock Software: Power and Flexibility
Teledyne DALSA Sherlock's extensive library of instructions, preprocessors and advanced algorithms can be combined in a variety of ways to solve simple or very demanding tasks. Maximum design flexibility is provided to allow users to customize algorithms, construct scripts and develop operator interfaces.
Extensive Library of Instructions, Preprocessors and Advanced Algorithms
Teledyne DALSA Sherlock offers machine vision system professionals extensive tools and capabilities for design, development, debugging, and user administration.
Teledyne DALSA Sherlock Interface
The Teledyne DALSA Sherlock setup interface to Teledyne DALSA Boa Pro is installed on a PC.
During development, images from the camera are fed directly to the Teledyne DALSA
Sherlock GUI and commands from the program are executed directly on the
camera. This methodology optimizes the user design experience while providing
an accurate representation of runtime performance. A secondary interface is
available through a standard web browser for device setup, runtime monitoring
and firmware updating.
- Embedded Sherlock Application Software
- Large selection of algorithms and Preprocessors
- Extensive list of drag-drop instructions
- Vision Tools
- ROI shape selection: Rectangle, Annulus, Polygon, Line, Point, Polyline, Arc, Rake, Polyrake, Spoke
- Basic Tools: Edge, Count, Caliper, Contrast, Intensity, statistics
- Reader Tools: 1D, 2D, OCR
- Complex Tools: Bead, Calibration, Crawler, Laser, Pattern Match
- Development Tools
- Single Step Debugging
- Customizable GUI
- User Administration
- Teledyne DALSA Boa Pro supports password protection through both the Sherlock interface and the web browser.
- Full-featured Emulator
- Teledyne DALSA Boa Pro provides a full-featured Sherlock emulator for off-line editing and evaluation.
- Advanced Digital I/O Monitor
Teledyne DALSA Sherlock on the Teledyne DALSA Boa Pro provides a variety of communication interfaces and supports standard factory protocols such as Modbus and Ethernet/IP. Image logging is supported via a connected client or by FTP to a network connected drive.
In addition to Ethernet, DALSA Boa Pro provides serial RS-232 and discrete I/O
connections, as well as expandable I/O options. A dedicated strobe output is
further provided for direct light control.
For visualization, Teledyne DALSA Sherlock supports BOAView, a dedicated application supported by WinCE based HMIs. Sherlock also provides an OCX control and API that allows users to develop a custom interface that best suits their factory environment.
Teledyne DALSA Boa Pro is compatible with industry standard M12 cord sets to minimize
hardware integration costs.
- Passive power over Ethernet
- Direct external light control
- Expansion I/O option
- Powered network switch option
Resolutions from 640 x 480 pixels to 1600 x 1200 pixels
Markets & Applications
- Part validation and verification (1D,2D)
- Part traceability (1D,2D)
- Error proofing (2D, OCR, Pattern)
- Date, lot, product code validation (OCR)
- Printed text verification (OCR, Pattern)
- Label presence and placement (Pattern)
- Label validation (1D,2D,OCR)
- Cap presence and placement (Pattern)
- Pattern verification (Pattern)
- Tamper Proofing (Pattern)
- Robot guidance (Pattern)