Provide the mandatory information’s which specifies the number of sensors, the resolution and whether Bayer or monochrome sensors are to be used in the visible spectrum. Define the wavebands, the widths and locations. An easy to fill out form will be submitted to JAI engineers and undergoes a feasibility check to make sure that the configuration can be supported by JAI's current offering of prisms and dichroic filters. The camera is then customized according to your specification, manufactured and shipped to you.
Multispectral cameras customized to your specific application requirements
The JAI Flex-Eye camera solution takes colour and multispectral vision applications to the next level!
Either two or three CMOS sensors are aligned in the same optical plane using a prism to simultaneously capture smallest details in the visible and near-infrared spectrum simultaneously. Even randomly moving and rotating objects, objects rolling or wobbling on conveyor belts.
Depending on the application, with a custom design process two or three wavebands can be located within the visible spectrum (405-680 nm) or can be placed at multiple locations across the visible and near infrared spectrum up to 1000 nm. This provides an outstanding multispectral solution with 1.6 or 3.2 megapixels resolution per waveband.
Reasons to choose the JAI Flex-Eye
Depending on the user's requirements, two or three user-specified wavebands can all be located within the visible spectrum (405-680 nm) or can be placed at multiple locations across the visible and near-infrared spectrum up to 1000 nm. Wavebands can be as narrow as 25 nm at increments of 5 nm. Therefore you need to choose between 2 wavebands (sensors) or 3 wavebands (sensors). Eg. You may choose a Bayer sensor spanning the full visible spectrum is considered one waveband, it can be divided into its three components (R,G,B) during post-processing and 2 wavebands in near-infrared. Or 2 small bands in the visible spectrum and one in NIR. JAI´s Dichroic prism technology allows a narrow band separation of the wavelength according to application requirements.
Thanks to the advanced prism technology used in the JAI Flex-Eye cameras, the optical axis is always exactly aligned, thus eliminating parallax issues. This also avoids complex alignment of multiple cameras. This makes the camera perfectly suited for difficult shapes and randomly moving and rotating objects.
The advanced sensor technology in combination with high speed data interface provide high data throughput while system productivity increases.
Cameras fitted with the 10GBASE-T interface provides up to three channel output at a maximum. Precision Time Protocol (PTP) support in the camera ensures image capture at the same time when it is linked to other PTP-supported cameras. The synchronously acquired images share the same timestamp, making image analysis easier.
- Multispectral prism cameras (2 or 3 CMOS) with the possibility of customising wavebands for a specific application
- Sensor: Low-noise Sony Pregius Gen. 2 CMOS sensor with 1/3" or 1/1.8"
- Resolution: 1,6 or 3,2 megapixel
- 2 or 3 wavebands located anywhere between 400 – 1000 nm
- Ability to specify waveband as narrow as 25 nm at increments of 5 nm
- Bit depth: 8, 10 or 12-bit raw Bayer
- Lens mount: C-mount
- Interface: 10GBASE-T GigE Interface – GigE Vision and GenICam compliant
- Protection: excellent shock and vibration resistance
Markets and Applications
- Microscopy and pharmaceutical applications
- Surgical applications using NIR fluorescence
- Intelligent farming techniques such as NDVI/NDRE vegetation analysis or autonomous weed removal systems
- Fruit, vegetable and other types of food sorting
- Colour matching tasks in automotive inspection, as for paint, LEDs, and instrumentation checking
- Visual surgery assistance as well as skin and eye diagnostics
|Model||Resolution (MP)||Frame rate (Hz)||Interface||Lens mount||Sensor type||Horizontal res. (Px)||Vertical res. (Px)||Manufacturer||Sensor format|
|JAI FSFE-1600D-10GE||1.6||226.0||Gigabit Ethernet||C-Mount||CMOS||1440||1080||JAI||1/2.9"|
|JAI FSFE-1600T-10GE-NNC||1.6||226.0||Gigabit Ethernet||C-Mount||CMOS||1440||1080||JAI||1/2.9"|
|JAI FSFE-3200D-10GE||3.2||123.0||Gigabit Ethernet||C-Mount||CMOS||2048||1536||JAI||1/1.8"|
|JAI FSFE-3200T-10GE-NNC||3.2||123.0||Gigabit Ethernet||C-Mount||CMOS||2065||1544||JAI||1/1.8"|
|JAI FS-1600D 10GE Manual | 1.0||
|JAI FS-3200D 10GE Manual | 1.0||
|JAI FS-3200T 10GE-NNC Manual | 1.0||
|JAI WhitePaper 10GigE-Technology Guide||