With two modes for scanning dynamic as well as static scenes the sensor can reach high resolution, accuracy, and level of detail with no blurry edges.
3D camera for capturing dynamic scenes
MotionCam-3D from Photoneo is the world’s highest-resolution and highest-accuracy area-scan 3D camera for capturing dynamic scenes.
Being powered by the novel, patented Parallel Structured Light technology, the camera was recognized with the IERA Award 2020, Vision Systems Design 2019 Innovators Platinum Award, Vision Award 2018, and it was listed among the inVision Top Innovations 2021 and 2019.
MotionCam-3D is the ideal 3D vision device for applications that require fast and robust 3D acquisition even in demanding industrial environments. Coming in five models (S, S+, M, M+, L), MotionCam-3D covers any kind of applications, depending on the size of the scanned object, scanning volume, and other aspects. Reconstruct accurate point clouds of various objects in a high level of detail without compromising between quality and speed.
Reasons to choose the Photoneo MotionCam-3D
The camera is dust-tight and protected against low-pressure jets of water coming from any direction and at any angle, and can therefore be used in demanding industrial environments.
The MotionCam-3D provides flexible powering options. Only a single cable is needed to get both electric power and data connection supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE). Alternatively, you can power your device by 24 V.
The lightweight body allows you to mount the scanner directly onto the robotic arm, which is a very handy option if you need to scan a big bin with a smaller scanner from variable viewpoints, or to get a detailed look at the bin corners.
Integrated computing unit saves computer resources
available for Windows and Ubuntu:
- Setting scanning parameters and profiles
- 3D and 2D data viewer
- 3D Camera mode - allows scanning of dynamic scenes during motion
- 3D Scanner mode - even higher resolution scanning (only static scenes)
- 2D mode
- 3D point cloud, Normals, Depthmap, Texture, Confidence
- Large scanning volume ranging from 36 cm up to 3 meters, depending on the specific model
- Framerate: 20 fps
- Resolution: up to 0,9 Mpx in the dynamic mode and 2 Mpx in the static mode
- Accuracy: 300 - 1.250 um in the dynamic mode and 150 - 900 um in the static mode across the different models
- Interface: Gigabit Ethernet; plug & play functionality
- Operating System: available on Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Configuration: via driver software “PhoXi Control”
API/Software: C++ / C# with examples; supported from OpenCV, Halcon, PCL and ROS
- Housing: IP65 = dust & water proof
- Power supply: PoE (Power over Ethernet) or 24V, M12 screwable connectors
- Weight: 1,5 kg
Markets and Applications
Handling of static as well as moving objects in:
- Bin picking applications in manufacturing and logistics
- Object handling applications including palletization, depalletization, picking & sorting of parcels, machine tending applications
- Quality control and metrology
- Objects sorting
- 3D reconstruction of the human body
- Measuring the volume of shapeless or deformed objects moving on a conveyor belt 3D camera for capturing dynamic scenes
The target industries include logistics, e-commerce, automotive, food and medical industries, and an infinite number of other sectors.
|PHOTONEO MOTIONCAM-3D L GEN2||Photoneo|
|PHOTONEO MOTIONCAM-3D M GEN2||Photoneo|
|PHOTONEO MOTIONCAM-3D M+ GEN2||Photoneo|
|PHOTONEO MOTIONCAM-3D S GEN2||Photoneo|
|PHOTONEO MOTIONCAM-3D S+ GEN2||Photoneo|