Xenics uses special seals and M12 connectors for the Serval, resulting in a highly protective IP67 enclosing. This makes the camera very robust and especially safe in humid or dusty environments. This obviates the integration of an additional housing. To achieve additional dust protection and secure operation even under steady dust loads the lens cover can be equipped with an air curtain. The high protective standard also supports the longtime stability and reliable functionality even in rough and dirty environments.
Compact LWIR camera for rough environments
The Xenics Serval long-wave infrared (LWIR) cameras fulfil a growing demand for rugged and reliable, end-user-ready cameras for industrial imaging and thermography applications, without the need for 3rd party protective enclosures.
The Serval is available for generic LWIR imaging as well as thermography. The thermography model is additionally equipped with readymade temperature calibration profiles for onboard conversion.
Reasons to select the Xenics Serval
The thermography model is calibrated for various temperature ranges and the temperature values are calculated directly on the camera's FPGA. This avoids labourious recalibration on the host PC.
- Sensor: uncooled microbolometer with rolling shutter
- Responsitivity: 8–14 µm
- Frame rate: 50 Hz
- Features: NUC (non-uniformity correction), auto-offset and auto-gain with selectable ROI (region of interest), histogram balancing
- Interface: GigE Vision
- Protection: IP67
- Accessories: air curtain, I/O module, sun protection, mounting plate available
Markets and Applications
- In line process control in manufacturing engines
- Thermal behaviour checking of electronics components and circuits
- Environmental surveillance like identification of hot spots, fire and smoke