Opto Engineering Micro-PolyView is a 3D, multi-image lens designed to completely measure and inspect objects whose dimensions range from 1 to 10 millimeters, such as electronic components, solder paste and micro-mechanics.
Six different lateral views are provided by an array of mirrors interfaced to a bi-telecentric lens; the top of the object is directly imaged at the center of the field of view.
The lateral views feature exactly the same magnification and the images remain
in perfect focus even when the object is displaced from its nominal position.
All the views can be used to precisely measure the dimension of components
from different angles.
Opto Engineering Micro-PolyView integrates LED illumination with the most
appropriate lighting geometry for this optical configuration.
Mechanical and SMP components inspection
Customized versions with different number of views, different view angles,
asymmetric or special mirror arrays can be supplied upon request.
- Maximum inspection height (depending on diameter): 1 mm to 6 mm
- Wavelength range: 450 nm to 650 nm
- Working distance: 1.5 mm to 5 mm
- CTF at 50 lp/mm: >40%
- Optical interface: C mount
Markets and Applications
- Mechanical components inspection: verification and measurement of thread integrity, pitch and diameter
- SMD components inspection: checking of integrated circuit position, rotation, pin integrity and bonding
- Electronic connector check: presence / absence check, measurement of alignment and length of pins
- LED quality control: inspection and measurement of lens scratches, die centering and correct wiring