Planning and implementing of machine vision solutions (2 days)
This training is based on the directive VDI/VDE 2632 Sheet 2 (from German industrial engineering association). It forms the basis for learning how to create optimised performance and requirement specifications for machine vision systems. Consideration of all influences on the vision system, a detailed task and features description improves communication between planners and users, and assures that your projects run smoothly and will be completed faster with greater success. At the end of the course you will be able to understand the interaction of all components in a machine vision system and you will know which influencing factors you have to consider while designing and assessing your own solution.
People new to the machine vision domain who need to specify vision systems as well as people planning to design or use machine vision systems. No prior machine vision knowledge is required.
Basic information about planning and the application-specific selection of machine vision systems
- Planning an application using the standard VDI/VDE/VDMA 2632-2
- When are intelligent cameras or embedded boards suitable for an application and when should PC-based systems be used?
- Overview of types of systems available on the market
- Camera technologies and various methods for image acquisition, 3D technologies, Shape-from-Shading
Software analysis using different systems
- Basic overview of important imaging algorithms and their use
- When to use intelligent cameras and when are PC based systems a better solution?
- Use of 2D and 3D tools for image processing
Fundamentals of machine vision components and their application-specific selection
- Fundamentals of camera technology
- Selection of the right data interfaces
- Illumination technology for contrast generation for the detection of defects or inspection features
- Optics basics: Overview of lenses and their correct use
- Optical filters for image optimisation and avoidance of disturbing influences
- Calculation examples for the selection of lenses, needed camera resolution, data rates, required exposure times to avoid motion blur
Systematic implementation and correct set-up of an imaging system
- Correct system set-up and calibration
- Measuring accuracy and detectable feature sizes
- Elimination of disturbing influences on the vision system
- Use of suitable accessories
The participation fee for the local training session is 895 EUR and 795 EUR for the online training (excl. VAT ).
More about training events
The training course is already fully booked? The training date doesn’t fit your schedule?
Just let us know and we will work out a suitable solution for you!