New ZEISS Dimension ultra high-performance C-mount lenses
17 Sep 2018
The Dimension series consists of 6 lenses, with focal lengths ranging from 8 to 50 mm. All lenses in the range have similar sizes allowing easy planning of the vision system and flexible use in various applications. Extended spectral transmission in the VIS and NIR wavelengths opens up new opportunities in areas such as food and waste sorting, or semiconductor inspection.
Key performance characteristics include:
- Focal length: 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 mm
- Aperture: F 2.0 (F 2.8 for 8 mm focal length)
- Image circle: up to 4/3” sensors
- Minimum pixel size: 2.0 µm
- Transmission up to 1200 nm
The lenses are designed to resist challenging climatic and mechanical conditions, making them a reliable and future-proof optical component for machine vision solutions. Design features include a rugged, all-metal housing to withstand harsh weather conditions and fixing screws secure the aperture and focus settings against vibrations and shocks. All lenses are DIN-tested for shock, vibration, and temperature resistance to ensure that they are suitable for use under even the most demanding conditions.
Zeiss Dimensions lenses are ideally suited to high-end applications in many different industries, including:
- Production and sorting of food & beverages
- Inspection of solar panels, large-area and microelectronics
- High-precision characterization of surfaces, solids and fluids
- Monitoring for mapping, farming, security, traffic and more
- High-speed inspections and measurements
An innovative back focus mechanism is provided to compensate for positional tolerances of the image sensor. The azimuthal adjustment of the aperture and focus scales means that they can be easily read and adjusted at various mounting positions in the overall system.
Carl Zeiss AG is a long-established German manufacturer of optical equipment. Founded in 1846 and originally located in Jena, the headquarters are now located in Oberkochen in the South of Germany.