The JAI Fusion offers functionality which otherwise would require two or more cameras, within a single system.
Dual sensor area scan camera for multi-spectral imaging
The JAI Fusion series uses dual sensor prism technology to offer unique technical solutions. The camera splits incoming light into two separate channels, a visible colour and a near-infrared (NIR) channel. This makes it possible to analyse objects both on and below their surfaces at the same time.
The sensor for the visible light has a Bayer mosaic colour filter and a monochrome sensor for the NIR light. The light beams of both spectrums are separated using a special, dichroic prism and sensed by the corresponding sensors.
The cameras can work in free- running mode or can be triggered to operate. For the output of the image data is CameraLink or GigE Vision interface available. The new Fusion cameras, that feature a high-speed backwards compatible 10 GigE (10GBASE-T) interface, offer much higher frame rates of up to 226 fps for 1.6 megapixel images and 123 fps for 3.2 megapixel images.
Reasons to select the JAI Fusion
JAI's multi-sensor, multi-spectral prism cameras provide simultaneous images of different light spectrums through a single optical path. The cameras split incoming light into two separate channels - a visible color channel from 400-700nm and a near infrared (NIR) channel from 750-900+nm
This makes it possible to simultaneously inspect surface properties or printing, as well as sub-surface defects or other information which is optimally detected at NIR wavelengths.
- Sensor: various models CCD and CMOS
- Resolution (AD models) : up to 1296 x 966 pixel and 30 fps with full resolution
- Resolution (FS models) : up to 2018 x 1536 pixel and 123 fps with full resolution
- Bit depth: 10 bit or 8 bit output for NIR
- Features: separate AGC (automatic gain control) for each channel, simultaneously captures visible and NIR through the same optical path
- I/O: programmable GPIO with opto-isolated inputs and outputs
- Interface: CameraLink or GigE Vision and 10GBASE-T (10 GigE)
Markets and Applications
- Inspection of organic items such as fruit and vegetables * LED inspection, welding, glass inspection and solar panel manufacturing
- Currency and checks control
- Textile and plastic inspection
For prices use login
|Model||Resolution (MP)||Frame rate (Hz)||Interface||Lens mount||Sensor type||Horizontal res. (Px)||Vertical res. (Px)||Manufacturer||Sensor format|
|JAI AD-080 CL||0.8||30||CameraLink||C-mount||CCD||1024||768||JAI||1/3"|
|JAI AD-080 GE||0.8||30||GigE Vision||C-mount||CCD||1024||768||JAI||1/3"|
|JAI AD-130 GE||1.3||31||GigE Vision||C-mount||CCD||1296||966||JAI||1/3"|
|JAI AD-131 GE||1.3||31||GigE Vision||C-mount||CCD||1296||966||JAI||1/3"|
|JAI FS-1600D-10GE New model||1.6||226||10 Gigabit Ethernet||C-mount||CMOS||1440||1080||JAI||1/2.9"|
|JAI FS-3200D-10GE New model||3.2||123||10 Gigabit Ethernet||C-mount||CMOS||2048||1536||JAI||1/1.8"|