The image quality of the DALSA Piranha HS is outstanding thanks to its combination of features: Its high resolution shows the smallest details in the inspected object. This detail is not even lost in low light conditions due to the high responsitivity of the sensor. This requires less effort for illumination setup and data preprocessing, while improving the image quality at the same time.
Teledyne DALSA Piranha HS
Ultra sensitive TDI line scan camera
The Teledyne DALSA Piranha HS delivers the ultimate in sensitivity for a monochrome CCD line scan camera with up to 256 TDI stages (Time Delay Integration). Sensors with either 4096, 6000, 8192 or 12,000 pixels are available to cover a large range of applications. As an example, the fastest model reaches a line frequency of 142 kHz at 6000 pixels.
At the same time, the TDI technology provides up to 100 times more responsiveness than traditional line scan cameras. This responsiveness can increase the depth of focus, by allowing the lens to be stopped down, or permit the use of diffuse, low-light illumination coupled with a high line rate. All models are bi-directional, making them ideal in conveyor belt applications that can reverse direction.
Reasons to select the Teledyne DALSA Piranha HS
The HS-S0-12K40 with HS-Link interface delivers line rates of up to 90 kHz. The bidirectionality adds to the speed of your inspection because multiple scans can be executed quickly. As a result, actual inspection time can be reduced, while the more economic cable solution will save costs.
The DALSA Piranha HS offers a choice between 6 different stage selections, so the number of lines used can be adjusted according to the current application requirements and light conditions. This makes easy to react to changing application requirements.
With the trigger-to-image reliability (T2IR) framework, the image capture process is controlled and monitored end-to-end from the trigger to the transfer to the host memory. This way data loss is clearly tracked and the reliability of the overall inspection process is improved.
- Sensor: 2048 to 12,000 pixels width, with 64, 96 or 256 TDI integration stages
- Responsivity: 1600 to 1700 DN/(nJ/cm2) in 8 bit for 13 micron pixels, 370 DN/(nJ/cm2) for 7 micron pixels
- Line rate: 90kHz (12,000 pixels)
- Features: square pixels, increased sensitivity in the blue range (2k version)
- I/O: selectable video output with 8, 10 or 12 bit via multi-taps
- Interface: CameraLink Base, Medium or Full depending on model, HS-Link (12k version) pixel correction, flat field correction, gain, offset, line and data rate via Teledyne DALSA Sapera configuration
- Power supply: from 12 VDC to 15 VDC, resp. 24 VDC (12k version)
Markets and Applications
- Quick readings of labels and barcodes in postal/parcel sorting
- Scanning of x-ray film for digital radiology
- High resolution document scanning applications
- Exceptional performance in light-starved situations
- Production control of flat panel displays and printed circuit boards (PCB)
|Model||Horizontal res. (Px)||Max. line freq. (kHz)||Interface||Lens mount||Sensor type||Pixel size (µm)||Sensor length (mm)|
|DALSA HS-80-08K40||8192||34.0||CameraLink||M72 x 0.75||CCD||7.00||57.30|
|DALSA HS-80-08K80||8192||68.0||CameraLink||M72 x 0.75||CCD||7.00||57.30|
|DALSA HS-S0-12K40||12000||90.0||HS-Link||M72 x 0.75||CCD||5.20||62.40|