CVB 2020 - Next generation independent image acquisition
1 Dec 2020 | Reading time: 2 min
The new release CVB 2020 offers innovative functions for extremely flexible and unsurpassed possibilities for image acquisition, image display and image processing.
Since its inception in 1997, one of STEMMER IMAGING’s Common Vision Blox central goals has been to provide a simple single API that supports any acquisition device across multiple interfaces and manufacturers.
We embraced standardisation being directly involved in the formation of GenICam, GigE Vision and USB3 Vision standards and have constantly been the provider of one of the industry’s best performing independent acquisition platforms for machine vision applications.
Rebuilt from the ground up, the new 2020 version’s acquisition engine now delivers new capabilities to embrace the new era of complex output acquisition devices while delivering more flexibility in its use.
The new MultiStream support enables cameras that stream multiple datasets such as prism-based cameras with colour and IR datasets, while MultiPart acquisition supports cameras that deliver complex data such as 3D cameras where separate and different formatted data needs to be transmitted, for example 3D point cloud, RGB surface and information about data integrity at the same time.
For the expanding use of GPU processing, especially in Deep Learning applications, the new FlowSet Pool feature enables direct transfer into user defined memory locations such as GPU memory, improving efficiency. Support for Teledyne DALSA’s TurboDrive V2.0 enables compressed image acquisition from compatible devices which provide acquisition rates of up to 3 times the interface bandwidth.
- Platform for the development of image processing applications
- Open programming environment
- Simple to operate, combining flexibility with high performance
- Independent powerful aquisition engine
- Full featured SDK for GigE Vision or USB3 Vision cameras
- Hardware-independent and flexible
- Fully GenICam compliant
- Available for various Operating Systems
- Many sample programs
- High performance foundation package for Common Vision Blox
- Rapid, easy-to-use entry-level solution
- Contains the most important algorithms required for image processing